The ITC evaluation methodologies on the multi-modal transportation, from consumer behavior to reducing CO2 emissions are a solution for evaluating the effects of the ITC measures applied in traffic and transport, in order to increase energy efficiency at the same time with reducing the CO2 emissions, thus supporting the creation of ITS (intelligent transport systems).
Within the Amitran project, we have developed a reference methodology to assess the impact of the intelligent transport systems on the CO2 emissions. The methodology can be used as reference for other projects and covers both passenger transportation, as well as the transportation of goods on road, railroad or navigation (short trips on sea or inland).
Project Website: www.amitran.eu
For a proper steering of the ITS applications and services, a robust and reliable environmental evaluation framework is crucial. Therefore, within this project, we are developing a platform to assess the advanced ITC measures regarding energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
The Innovation derives from defining open interfaces between the models that reflect the investigation levels of the ITS impact and these information are thus made public. Each owner of a distinct assessment model may implement these interfaces in their model and connect to other public modules which implement a corresponding model.
Thus, the benefits of AMITRAN are not restricted only for AMITRAN partners, they are public.
The solution emerged as a result of corroborating 5 key objectives within the programme:
- Developing a CO2 emissions ‘ assessment methodology for ICT measures (for multimodal passenger and commodities transportation).
- Creating an open interface for the simulation models and tools which implement the methodology of the project;
- Setting and validating an overall methodology adjusted to align the effects at European level.
- Creating an online database which would include references for future projects.
- Nederlandse Organisatie Voor Toegepast
- Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek – TNO (TNO) Netherlands
- PTV Planung Transport Verkehr Ag. (PTV) Germany
- European Road Transport Telematics Implementation
- Coordination Organisation S.C.R.L.(ERTICO) Belgium
- Fundacion Tecnalia Research & Innovation (TECNALIA) Spain
- Deutsches Zentrum Fuer Luft – Und Raumfahrt Ev (DLR) Germany
- Ecorys Nederland B.V. (ECORYS) Netherlands
- Teamnet Romania