The purpose of the project is to launch ITS cooperation services in the field of logistics. The integration of the currently existing freight and transport systems, with innovative solutions such as cooperative services and intelligent cargo, will lead to the increase of the energy efficiency and to a more sustainable mobility of commodities. CO-GISTICS targets a significant increase in energy efficiency and a more sustainable mobility of goods through the deployment of Cooperative ITS services and technologies applied to logistics.
With this project, five complementary logistics services are being developed; they combine the cooperative mobility and intelligent cargo services with the logistics aspects of real life.
Project Website: www.cogistics.eu
The fleet operators, the shipping agents, the partners from the industry and other interested parties will be able to implement together five services by means of which they will benefit from:
- Estimating and monitoring the carbon footprint,
- Multimodal Cargo, Intelligent TruckParking and Delivery Area Management,
- Eco-driving Assistance
- Advice for speed reduction and right-of way. These services will be piloted during one year of traffic in real life.
- The CO-GISTICS Services will increase energy efficiency and reduce the equivalent CO2 emissions
- Additional benefits regarding road safety and commodities’ security
330 vehicles included in the programme
- Identifying the implementation opportunities
- Developing new business models and exploitation plans
- Fernetti terminal (Italy)
- Automarocchi (Italy)
- DB Schenker
- West Eurotrans
- ICOOR, TREDIT
- Seaway Forwarding & LogisITCs
- Region of Central Macedonia (RCM)
- DHL & AZKAR (DASHER)