The Sky Sensor programme was developed by Teamnet in partnership with the Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology, Universitatea “Politehnica” of Bucharest.
Sky Sensor was one of the biggest challenges addressed to students with a passion in image analysis and processing. Why? Because, this time, the image came from the sky, with the use of the UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) technology. The results obtained in the Sky Sensor programme were used when drafting their Bachelor’s or Master’s paper.
In this programme, the research topics approached involve the development of techniques for processing the signals generated by the payload sensor depending on the type of UAV mission, in order to automatically extract as many correct and relevant data in the area of interest, correlated with the type of mission performed.
For the development of new applications, we focus on the following directions:
- Techniques and algorithms for form recognition;
- Techniques and algorithms for video stabilization;
- Techniques and algorithms for character recognition;
The missions are diverse and usually modeled as close as possible to the current market needs: monitoring, search and save missions, or mobile ground target tracking missions.
Being an intern in the Sky Sensor project means you’ll manage to develop your business skills in order to:
- Study algorithms and techniques specific to the field of the internship;
- Work for the development of a software application which includes the algorithms suggested for solving the problem;
- Work in testing and validating the results of the application developed;
- Stimulate critical thinking, working for developing their own ideas by improving or combining various existing solving skills.
An interesting component: part of the topics suggested, there are used various software and hardware technologies specific to Computer Vision.
Moreover, during the entire internship, you will benefit from a sponsorship from our side.
To enter the programme, you have to go through the following stages:
- Send an application;
- Attend an interview with our HR team;
- Pass a logical and technical test;
- Attend an interview with a specialist in the respective field of activity;
- Integrate in the team.
If you want to apply for a position in this programme, you should have:
- Solid Java knowledge (C and Python are a plus);
- Solid knowledge of data and algorhitm structures;
- Desire to broaden your scientifical documentation in a new field and to study the existing open-source programmes in the filed;
It is considered a plus:
- Knowledge of basic text mining concepts, information retrieval or machine learning;
- Involvement in open-source projects or other software projects developed by a team ( for example, in the university).
- 4 students registered the internship;
- All 4 interns prepared their Master’s dissertation paper and research reports while working the company;
- One of the interns became a Teamnet employee after graduation.